4/05/2012

Cooking Korean Food with Maangchi





I found Ms. Maangchi on Youtube while I was hunting up a recipe for kimchee cabbage. Of course, her accent is so cute (anytime I hear a Korean talk, I think of Margaret Cho and her "don't punch!" story and start giggling, and I know that's not politically correct, but there it is).

Back to the cookbook--it's fabulous!! Much better than the fancy shmancy asian cookbooks I have bought, and given away, over the years. These recipes are very easy and adaptable, like if you had walked into your granmother's kitchen (and your grandmother suddenly became Korean).

The Kimchee is a cinch to make, which is good, because I am tired of paying 8 dollars a jar for it.
I made enough for two weeks, which means this book has already paid for itself. I like it so much, I'm going to buy the other two books also!

- Alice in AZ, Amazon.com

Finally, a cookbook from Korean blogger Maangchi (Emily Kim)! Kim inspires thousands of meals with the videos, photos and instructions on her encyclopedic blog, "Cooking Korean Food with Maangchi." Now we can stop asking, "did she say one tablespoon or two?" and leave our laptops in the office.

This volume is but a peek at her extensive blog, but it offers a good sample of the core recipes fans of Korean cuisine will want: Bulgogi Jungol, Kimbap, Grilled beef and of course, Kimchee. She includes photos of ingredients and finished products.

Her friendly jargon-free style, explanations of dishes and photos gives confidence to those unfamiliar with Korean food and makes her an excellent ambassador to this oft-overlooked cuisine. 

- Bruce Harrington, Amazon.com

Maangchi's dishes are delicious, and she has a real knack for teaching. The book is an excellent companion to her videos and it is perfect to bring to the Korean Market if you're like me and can't read or speak Korean...the pictures she takes of the products make shopping super easy. I have other Korean cookbooks which are good, but they are a lot more complicated with lists of ingredients which can boggle the mind. One trip to Han-ah-Ruem with Maangchi's book and I am good to go. If you want to make delicious, good, solid Korean food at home, you can't go wrong with Maangchi's book. 


Download the book torrent:


Download the password:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 468x60px

your ads here

your site here

your site here